Swedish Translation Project
Updated 0900 Monday 15th June 1998 UK Time
If you are doing translation work - please check this page regularly.
We do not want you to waste effort doing what someone else is doing.
This page is for those helping Robin and each other, with translation into Swedish.
Sending e-mail to others with an interest in Swedish
Please do not abuse the fact that you may e-mail these people.
Gunnar Osterlund 595000N0163000E (approx) w. of Stockholm.
Gunnar Djerf 582000N0150500E (approx)
More helpers wanted ! :-)
Work in Progress
Robin has set up this page to avoid duplication of work.
We need a translation of TRANSLAT.TXT to Swedish.
Gunnar Osterlund has done a translation of .WAV files.
How to test GPSS speaking Swedish
The simple way to test GPSS speaking Swedish is as follows:
LANGUAGE.CFG in c:\gpss04 will make GPSS.EXE in \gpss04 use c:\Swedish.
- create a directory c:\Swedish and sub-directory c:\Swedish\tmp
- copy GPSS04A.EXE & GPSS04B.EXE into c:\Swedish and run both to create a baseline GPSS running system. English WAV files will be replaced by Swedish versions.
- If you are downloading from this site, download into TMP before expanding and copying the changed WAV files into c:\Swedish.
- If you are the person doing the WAV translation, select a WAV file in c:\Swedish,
re-record over it in Swedish, then copy to TMP ready for sending to Robin as a ZIP or LZH file (created with PKZIP.EXE or LHA.EXE).
- Run GPSS.EXE in c:\Swedish and decide which English sounds to change next.
Here is what we have so far, with Gunnars sounds.
DOWNLOAD SWEDTRAN.EXE from alternative Site (985,261 bytes)