Greek Translation Project
Updated 1200 Wednesday 10th June 1998
If you are doing translation work - please check this page regularly.
We do not want you to waste effort doing what someone else is doing.
This page is for those helping Robin and each other, with translation into Greek.
Sending e-mail to others with an interest in Greek
Please do not abuse the fact that you may e-mail these people.
Steve Kanavos 380000N0234500E (approx.) Athens.
Stelios Koroneos 375521N0234224E Athens.
Misail Papadakis 380195N0234142E Athens. MITAC MGE-100.
Helpers wanted ! :-)
Work in Progress
Robin has set up this page to avoid duplication of work.
We need a translation of TRANSLAT.TXT to Greek.
Steve has been sent TRANSLAT.TXX
We must agree who wants to start test translation of .WAV files.
Anyone who wishes to do this, should send a sample WAV file to Robin.
How to test GPSS speaking Greek
The simple way to test GPSS speaking Greek is as follows:
LANGUAGE.CFG in c:\gpss04 will make GPSS.EXE in \gpss04 use c:\Greek.
- create a directory c:\Greek and sub-directory c:\Greek\tmp
- copy GPSS04A.EXE & GPSS04B.EXE into c:\Greek and run both to create a baseline GPSS running system. English WAV files will be replaced by Greek versions.
- If you are downloading from this site, download into TMP before expanding and copying the changed WAV files into c:\Greek.
- If you are the person doing the WAV translation, select a WAV file in c:\Greek,
re-record over it in Greek, then copy to TMP ready for sending to Robin as a ZIP or LZH file (created with PKZIP.EXE or LHA.EXE).
- Run GPSS.EXE in c:\Greek and decide which English sounds to change next.
Not a lot more than the Flag icon yet :-)
DOWNLOAD GREETRAN.EXE (1,899 bytes)